- Start on the View tab, in the Macro group and click the Macro button.
- Select Record Macro Name it something easy, such as “RightFitSheet”.
- Assign it a keyboard shortcut using your Shift key and a letter, like R for right fit. This way the shortcut will be Ctrl+Shift+R.
- Change the “Store macro in…” field to Personal Macro Workbook. This way you can use it on any workbook. [caption id="attachment_30313" align="alignright" width="315" caption="Record macro dialog box"][/caption]
- When you click OK, you will be recording your keystrokes. It’s always a good idea to take your hands off of keyboard and mouse at this point. You will want to be very intentional about what you do next.
- Select the cornerstone on the worksheet to select all cells (Ctrl+A twice works well, too). Be sure that all cells remain selected during the next two steps.
- Double-click between two column headers. Be sure your cursor is positioned between the two letters and appears as a horizontal double arrow.
- Now, double-click between two row headers. Be sure your cursor is positioned between the two numbers and appears as a vertical double arrow. [caption id="attachment_30314" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Right size columns and rows"][/caption]
- Press Ctrl+Home to place your cursor in cell A1. This step is optional, but it’s always good to know where your cursor is going to end up when your macro completes.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/30311/macro-right-fit-worksheet "