HR Specialist editors joined more than 15,000 HR professionals in Las Vegas for the 2007 Society for Human Resourceconference -- the largest annual gathering of HR pros in America. Following are some nuggets of advice collected during the conference ...
More organizations basing health premiums on employees' salary
With health costs estimated to rise at double-digit rates for another year in 2008 and cost-shifting continuing to be a reoccurring theme, employees--especially lower-paid ones--are feeling the pinch. "We are now to the point where employees are making 'health care or grocery' decisions," said Gary Kushner, president of Kushner & Co. benefits consulting firm.
To level the playing field, Kusher says, more employers are setting employees' health insurance contribution levels based on their salaries. "The more employees make, the more they're expected to pay in health premiums... I think that trend w...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Pass your own health care reform with these 4 best practices
- Mine knowledge the new-fashioned way
- Pick the right solution
- Required: Investigating all harassment complaints Not required: Providing a perfect workplace