After realizing how much it spent training new employees, SIB Development and Consulting in Charleston, S.C., decided to launch a novel retention bonus: If you keep your job for five years, you get $50,000. Keep it for 25 years, you get a $250,000 bonus. No strings attached.
As founder Dan Schneider told CNN, “There’s nothing that makes people loyal to companies anymore” but a $50,000 retention bonus can change that.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 2011's biggest wage-and-hour issues--and what to do about them
- A manager's paperwork is never done: What to keep, what to toss
- In the wake of the recession, where wages grew the most
- Failing to pay workers on time may cost you a big penalty