After realizing how much it spent training new employees, SIB Development and Consulting in Charleston, S.C., decided to launch a novel retention bonus: If you keep your job for five years, you get $50,000. Keep it for 25 years, you get a $250,000 bonus. No strings attached.
As founder Dan Schneider told CNN, “There’s nothing that makes people loyal to companies anymore” but a $50,000 retention bonus can change that.
- Employee promotions increase nationwide
- Audit pay averages for women and men to learn if you're at risk for pay-bias suit
- NJ Supreme Court says contractors may qualify for whistle-Blower protection
- Austin bus company to pay $655K to settle labor dispute
- Should we give reviews to independent contractors?