After realizing how much it spent training new employees, SIB Development and Consulting in Charleston, S.C., decided to launch a novel retention bonus: If you keep your job for five years, you get $50,000. Keep it for 25 years, you get a $250,000 bonus. No strings attached.
As founder Dan Schneider told CNN, “There’s nothing that makes people loyal to companies anymore” but a $50,000 retention bonus can change that.
- How much is that paid internship worth?
- New legal risks for employers using independent contractors
- Beware too much control over contractor! You could be liable for unemployment comp
- Can we recover the cost of a former employee's laptop by withholding from his final paycheck?
- Sales staff may be exempt from minimum wage