President Obama unveiled a $3.8 trillion proposed budget for fiscal year 2013 that, according to an analysis by the Littler law firm, “signals that employers are facing an expanded enforcement and regulatory activity by the federal agencies.”
One key target: greater funding in several Department of Labor departments to enforce worker misclassification laws. Increases are also slated for the EEOC, NLRB and OSHA.
Read an analysis at http://tinyurl.com/fed2013.
- Plastic surgery practice can't put a pretty face on this case
- Promises, promises: Put incentives in writing; don't let managers blurt them out
- Attempted suicide: Grounds for dismissal or proof of disability?
- Are you a prime contractor? Beware liability for your subs' safety violations
- Guess again: You can't avoid liability by ignoring pay discrimination complaints