President Obama unveiled a $3.8 trillion proposed budget for fiscal year 2013 that, according to an analysis by the Littler law firm, “signals that employers are facing an expanded enforcement and regulatory activity by the federal agencies.”
One key target: greater funding in several Department of Labor departments to enforce worker misclassification laws. Increases are also slated for the EEOC, NLRB and OSHA.
Read an analysis at http://tinyurl.com/fed2013.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Pay Discrimination Audits: Ensuring Your Organization Is Protected Against Ledbetter Complaints
- Can we hire only 'careful' workers to reduce our workers' comp costs?
- Is there a class action lurking in your employee handbook?
- Highland County settles whistle-blower retaliation suit