President Obama unveiled a $3.8 trillion proposed budget for fiscal year 2013 that, according to an analysis by the Littler law firm, “signals that employers are facing an expanded enforcement and regulatory activity by the federal agencies.”
One key target: greater funding in several Department of Labor departments to enforce worker misclassification laws. Increases are also slated for the EEOC, NLRB and OSHA.
Read an analysis at http://tinyurl.com/fed2013.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Unsure about your accommodations obligations? Find out fast--or risk personal liability
- Workers' comp law: How to keep costs, compliance in check
- Arbitrators can decide post-termination retaliation
- Open-Door policy is good insurance against harassment claims