President Obama unveiled a $3.8 trillion proposed budget for fiscal year 2013 that, according to an analysis by the Littler law firm, “signals that employers are facing an expanded enforcement and regulatory activity by the federal agencies.”
One key target: greater funding in several Department of Labor departments to enforce worker misclassification laws. Increases are also slated for the EEOC, NLRB and OSHA.
Read an analysis at http://tinyurl.com/fed2013.
- Insist all harassment allegations go to HR for review
- Don't overreact to co-worker's isolated racial slur, but don't ignore it either
- New pay on the way: Update on New York wage-and-hour law
- What's up in Washington: Minimum wage, child labor penalties
- Don't automatically fire after FMLA, STD leave expire