President Obama unveiled a $3.8 trillion proposed budget for fiscal year 2013 that, according to an analysis by the Littler law firm, “signals that employers are facing an expanded enforcement and regulatory activity by the federal agencies.”
One key target: greater funding in several Department of Labor departments to enforce worker misclassification laws. Increases are also slated for the EEOC, NLRB and OSHA.
Read an analysis at http://tinyurl.com/fed2013.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware union pact allowing arbitration and lawsuits
- Do we have to pay for nonexempt's travel time for one-day out-of-town trips?
- Be prepared to root out hidden harassment: EEOC files a whopper against Burger King
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws you can ignore