A key to excellent customer service, notes Men’s Wearhouse CEO Doug Ewert, is “a fun, rewarding work environment that our customers also enjoy.” That environment, combined with exceptional service, he says, “keeps our customers coming back.”
To that end, managers last year surprised more than 14,000 employees with a perfectly timed pizza delivery to every Men’s Wearhouse store in North America.
In addition, the 40-year-old retail chain offers extensive employee training and development, fosters a strong appreciation for its on-site tailors, honors distribution center workers through an Employee of the Month program and grants fully paid sabbaticals.
Employees also help each other out, and have raised more than $4 million for the Willie Lopez Emergency Assistance Fund, created to help employees who have experienced hardship as the result of tragedy.
Contact: Caitlin Murphy, (336) 774-9367.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn managers: Personal problems aren't 'Distractions'
- Sleeping on the job may mean no unemployment benefits
- Employment law by the numbers: Know which laws you can ignore
- HR certification: Is it worth it? If so, which one should you pursue?