A key to excellent customer service, notes Men’s Wearhouse CEO Doug Ewert, is “a fun, rewarding work environment that our customers also enjoy.” That environment, combined with exceptional service, he says, “keeps our customers coming back.”
To that end, managers last year surprised more than 14,000 employees with a perfectly timed pizza delivery to every Men’s Wearhouse store in North America.
In addition, the 40-year-old retail chain offers extensive employee training and development, fosters a strong appreciation for its on-site tailors, honors distribution center workers through an Employee of the Month program and grants fully paid sabbaticals.
Employees also help each other out, and have raised more than $4 million for the Willie Lopez Emergency Assistance Fund, created to help employees who have experienced hardship as the result of tragedy.
Contact: Caitlin Murphy, (336) 774-9367.
- Solidify an independent contractor's status by proving he turned down employee job offer
- Both love and justice are blind: Consider banning boss/employee relationships
- Don't just ban smoking on-Site; help employees quit
- 3 federal tests: Are workers employees or independent contractors?
- New government guidance helps clarify HSAs