As part of its diversity effort, AT&T has beefed up its efforts to include Hispanic employees at all levels of its business. Its program includes:
- Building a diverse workforce. Hispanics account for 12% of AT&T employees; women for 40%; and blacks for 38%.
- Sponsoring an award-winning employee resource group for Hispanic employees.
- Diversifying its suppliers. The firm spent more than $9.2 billion with minority, women and disabled-veteran suppliers in 2010.
The company also boasts a strong focus on the Hispanic consumer market, with more than 700 retail stores in high-density Hispanic markets.
Contact: Maria Schnabel, (404) 401-7477.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Keep hiring as objective as possible -- and beware loose criteria that could let in bias
- 4th Circuit: You don't have to hire applicant who sued former employer for FLSA violations
- Lesson of Reeves: Give reason for employment decision
- Monitor hiring process for subtle 'name discrimination'