As part of its diversity effort, AT&T has beefed up its efforts to include Hispanic employees at all levels of its business. Its program includes:
- Building a diverse workforce. Hispanics account for 12% of AT&T employees; women for 40%; and blacks for 38%.
- Sponsoring an award-winning employee resource group for Hispanic employees.
- Diversifying its suppliers. The firm spent more than $9.2 billion with minority, women and disabled-veteran suppliers in 2010.
The company also boasts a strong focus on the Hispanic consumer market, with more than 700 retail stores in high-density Hispanic markets.
Contact: Maria Schnabel, (404) 401-7477.
- School leader accused of creating hostile environment
- Consider leasing staff; PEO market is evolving
- Exception to the rule: You can ask different questions to internal and external applicants
- Flip traditional income-shifting tactic on its head: Hire your parents
- Rejection letters under scrutiny: 7 do's & don'ts