As part of its diversity effort, AT&T has beefed up its efforts to include Hispanic employees at all levels of its business. Its program includes:
- Building a diverse workforce. Hispanics account for 12% of AT&T employees; women for 40%; and blacks for 38%.
- Sponsoring an award-winning employee resource group for Hispanic employees.
- Diversifying its suppliers. The firm spent more than $9.2 billion with minority, women and disabled-veteran suppliers in 2010.
The company also boasts a strong focus on the Hispanic consumer market, with more than 700 retail stores in high-density Hispanic markets.
Contact: Maria Schnabel, (404) 401-7477.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/29979/att-focuses-on-hispanic-diversity "
- Tread Carefully With Drug Test, Psychiatric Help
- Convincing management to create a new position
- Are there any legal issues to consider now that we're hiring only 'careful' workers?
- Use 'no-reapplication' clause to settle discrimination cases once and for all
- Pros and cons of creating applicant 'blacklist'