As businesses make their slow transition from layoff mode to hiring, they may find that job-seekers have changed their definition—and expectations—of.
Along with health insurance and other traditional benefits, employees are beginning to demand everything from more comfortable work spaces to employer practices that nurture the psychological well-being of the workforce.
A report by food services and consulting giant Sodexo has identified eight workplace trends—including a few you might not have considered—that offer a glimpse at the personal and professional benefits that could become standard fare at organizations that aim to recruit, retain and engage today’s best job candidates.
1. Diversity pays
The most diverse businesses have the largest pool of job candidates to choose from. The Sodexo report notes that several studies have linked gender diversity—especially when women are in top (register to read more)position...
- Bad attitudes & complaints: Handling workplace negativity
- Batali's employees rake in millions in belated tip income
- The $640 million question: Do you know how to comply with the FLSA?
- Replace posters to reflect new $7.15 state minimum wage
- Think you know enough about sexual harassment? OK, test yourself