The U.S. Department of Labor recently issued three new fact sheets that help clarify what types of employer actions rise to the level of illegal retaliation under the(fact sheet 77B) and Fair Labor Standards Act (fact sheet 77A).
Find these and other DOL fact sheets at www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdcomp.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Florida high court sides with employees—Employers liable for unconcealed negligence
- Ask court to limit claims when employee acts as his or her own lawyer
- AutoZone must pay $415,000 for disability discrimination
- ADA protections don't cover independent contractors