The U.S. Department of Labor recently issued three new fact sheets that help clarify what types of employer actions rise to the level of illegal retaliation under the(fact sheet 77B) and Fair Labor Standards Act (fact sheet 77A).
Find these and other DOL fact sheets at www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdcomp.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Attempted suicide: Grounds for dismissal or proof of disability?
- Warn managers: Don't mention FMLA during discussion about discharge
- Tell bosses: Check anti-military bias at door
- Discipline with care after FMLA leave: Build solid, performance-based case