The U.S. Department of Labor recently issued three new fact sheets that help clarify what types of employer actions rise to the level of illegal retaliation under the(fact sheet 77B) and Fair Labor Standards Act (fact sheet 77A).
Find these and other DOL fact sheets at www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdcomp.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Any problem firing employee who wants her exempt classification changed?
- Former Freeport fire chief sounds the retaliation alarm
- Don't grant unlimited leave as ADA accommodation
- Must you pay for employees' work boots and other personal safety gear?