The U.S. Department of Labor recently issued three new fact sheets that help clarify what types of employer actions rise to the level of illegal retaliation under the(fact sheet 77B) and Fair Labor Standards Act (fact sheet 77A).
Find these and other DOL fact sheets at www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdcomp.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No one wins in unprofitable victory for Saginaw police officer
- Review anti-discrimination practices to make sure they cover contract employees, too
- Legality of new union poster faces hearing; ruling by Jan. 31
- Life Time Fitness pays $976k in back pay in 26 states