The U.S. Department of Labor recently issued three new fact sheets that help clarify what types of employer actions rise to the level of illegal retaliation under the(fact sheet 77B) and Fair Labor Standards Act (fact sheet 77A).
Find these and other DOL fact sheets at www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdcomp.htm.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Heaven-sent policy advice for supervisors: No proselytizing or urging workers to convert
- Don't count on seniority system to block reassignment of disabled
- Supreme Court: Check boss bias before disciplining
- Words matter! Boss's oral promise can become binding if it's definite enough