1. In 2011, states considered more than 1,600 bills relating to immigration issues. Of these, how many were passed and signed into law?
a. 197, the fewest since 2006
b. 355, the most in a decade
c. 243, about the same as 2010
2. Employees say “job security” is the most important factor in their job satisfaction. What percentage of U.S. employees say they are “very satisfied” with their job security? Also, who are more satisfied with their level of job security—men or women?
a. 28%, men
b. 44%, women
c. 18%, women
3. What’s the most frequently citedviolation identified by OSHA inspectors in 2011?
a. Missing or inadequate fall protections at construction sites
b. Electrical wiring errors
c. Missing or inadequate guards on machinery
4. On March 26, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on which important case:
a. The employer’s right to fire employees for improper Facebook postings
b. The legal challenges to President Obama’s health reform law
c. The ability of employers to use background checks in hiring
5. On average, U.S. employees put $6,440 into their retirement accounts in 2011. How much, on average, do they expect to put in this year?
a. $6,285 b. $6,944 c. $7,763
6. In December, U.S. Department of Labor rules called for extending new minimum wage and overtime protections to:
a. Airline employees
b. Students who work as interns
c. In-home health care workers
Sources: 1. National Conference of State Legislatures; 2. SHRM Job Satisfaction Report; 3. OSHA; 4. U.S. Supreme Court; 5. Mercer survey; 6. U.S. Department of Labor.
Answers: 1. a 2. a 3. a 4. b 5. c 6. c
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/29747/the-hr-iq-test-february-12 "