In another sign of just how diverse California’s economy is—and how challenging its HR environment could become—a web site that focuses on Pasadena’s municipal affairs has hired two reporters to cover City Hall. From India.
James Macpherson, editor of PasadenaNow.com, found the journalists through the India edition of Craigslist.com. They began filing stories in May.
Now that the Pasadena City Council broadcasts its meetings live on the web, the Indian reporters can cover the events as they happen. “Whether you’re at a desk in Pasadena or a desk in Mumbai, you’re still just a phone call or an e-mail away from the interview,” Macpherson said.
He’s paying the two reporters combined salaries of $20,800 per year.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Tailor incentives to encourage most important health behaviors
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- 'Kinetic' furniture: A long walk to nowhere?
- What are the top HR skills you need to succeed?