The EEOC has established a small business task force to improve its outreach to small businesses that may not have access to expert legal advice or a staff of experienced HR professionals. The goal: Ensure small-business owners know how to comply with federal anti-discrimination laws.
The new task force has been directed to examine ways to:
• Use new technology to expand outreach to small businesses
• Develop technical assistance and training initiatives for small businesses
• Identify particular approaches that will assist small women- and minority-owned businesses
• Identify specialized approaches to reach businesses with 50 or fewer employees
• Enhance the EEOC web site (www.eeoc.gov) to provide better training for small businesses.
The task force seeks public comments on ways the EEOC can better work with small businesses. To weigh in, contact the task force via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The mailing address is:
EEOC Small Business Task Force
131 M Street, N.E.
Washington, DC 20507