Q. We hired a temp worker through an agency while one of our employees was out on a 12-week. Five weeks after she started with us, she was injured at work. Are we responsible for her workers’ comp claim, or is the temp agency responsible?
A. The answer to that question depends upon which entity has the right to control how the temp does her work. If it is your company, then you may well be responsible for the workers’ comp claim, even though you are not her official employer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Cover employee expenses--or prepare for court
- No kid gloves needed: Discipline OK after employee complains
- Constructive discharge a tough sell after you ask to be fired
- Review whether partially disabled employees can be removed from workers' comp