Q. Can we set a dress code policy that bars visible tattoos and multiple piercing on our receptionist but not other workers who have less public contact?
A. Probably, but it would be better to have the prohibition apply to any employee who deals with the public so the policy doesn’t just apply to one person.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Complaint policy ignored? You face punitive damages
- Workplace violence: Keep staff safe the legally smart way
- Congress considers legislation mandating paid sick leave
- FMLA leave spikes before weekends, holidays? Investigate suspected abuse, fire if warranted