Q. Can we set a dress code policy that bars visible tattoos and multiple piercing on our receptionist but not other workers who have less public contact?
A. Probably, but it would be better to have the prohibition apply to any employee who deals with the public so the policy doesn’t just apply to one person.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- REDA provides whistle-blower protection during some internal investigations, too
- Perk up your presentations: 7 tips from Apple's Steve Jobs
- How can we structure a policy that lets us search employees' belongings?
- 10 ways to overcome 'negative vibes' among your staff