Health insurance and flextime aren’t the only perks employees consider benefits. Most of the companies that won “Best and Brightest” awards from the National Association for Business Resources earned accolades from their employees for:
- Using tools like an intranet, webcasts and blogs to communicate with employees.
- Including internal job postings and referral bonuses in their recruitment and retention programs.
- Encouraging employees to participate in skills training via webinars and podcasts.
- Sponsoring local charitable activities or conducting on-site activities such as blood donations and food drives.
- Hosting or sponsoring activities that celebrate multiculturalism and diversity, or creating written diversity statements.
The Best and Brightest awards honor Midwest employers that use innovative human resource practices. The awards are based on employee surveys.
Contact: Jennifer Kluge at the National Association for Business Resources, (586) 393-8800.