Strengthen your sentences by using fewer words and getting rid of awkward or passive construction. Practice by rewriting these wordy sample sentences, inspired by the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL):
- It is expected that the new schedule will be announced by the maintenance company within the next few days.
- In the not too distant future, employees should be aware of the fact that they will need to be trained on the new software programs.
- My boss leans toward utilizing a paper calendar instead of the one offered on his online software.
A better way to say it:
- The maintenance company will probably announce its schedule during the next few days.
- Trainers will soon coach employees on using the new software.
- My boss prefers a paper calendar rather than an electronic one.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/29548/business-writing-made-simple "