What don’t managers want from employees? Check out this list of flaws that describe unsuccessful employees, according to their bosses. The list was compiled by John Featherstone, author of Start Hiring Winners:
1. They don’t listen. Antidote: Ask yourself mental questions about the person’s words. For example, what’s her main point?
2. They don’t follow instructions. Antidote: Carry a pad and pen with you, so you can write down details as you hear them.
3. They don’t complete work assignments. Antidote: Don’t wait until it’s too late to ask for support on a project running behind.
4. They don’t keep the boss informed. Antidote: Be proactive, rather than waiting for a boss to ask the status of work. Initiate a weekly meeting or a daily check-in.
5. They don’t understand the job. Antidote: If you don’t know, ask how your work impacts others and the company as a whole.
6. They make up excuses. Antidote: Own up to mistakes and see them as an opportunity to grow.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/29530/what-makes-an-unsuccessful-employee "