A former Lovejoy High School girls basketball coach has filed a lawsuit against the Lovejoy Independent School District alleging that administrators discriminated against her on the basis of her age, race and gender.
Kelly Connor, who is black, claims she was subjected to “off-color remarks and ridicule,” and that school district staffers encouraged her to favor white players over black team members. When she objected, Connor claims she was threatened with termination.
Connor formally complained to the EEOC. However, she claims that in retaliation, she was reassigned to a teaching position that paid less than she had been earning.
Connor received low ratings onduring the year she worked as a coach. Nevertheless, she took her team to the Class AAA State Finals.
- Congress OKs bill to expand ADA's definition of 'disabled'
- Following baseless complaint, ensure later discipline is legit
- Mere accommodation request may support retaliation claim
- Of good faith and gut instinct: Fire employee who falsely claims discrimination
- Retaliation alert! Beware timing when acting against worker who files EEOC complaint