A former Lovejoy High School girls basketball coach has filed a lawsuit against the Lovejoy Independent School District alleging that administrators discriminated against her on the basis of her age, race and gender.
Kelly Connor, who is black, claims she was subjected to “off-color remarks and ridicule,” and that school district staffers encouraged her to favor white players over black team members. When she objected, Connor claims she was threatened with termination.
Connor formally complained to the EEOC. However, she claims that in retaliation, she was reassigned to a teaching position that paid less than she had been earning.
Connor received low ratings onduring the year she worked as a coach. Nevertheless, she took her team to the Class AAA State Finals.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Say no to accommodations if 'disability' barely scratches the surface of credibility
- Seek legal assistance when negotiating contract terms with union
- Don't be afraid to fire insubordinate supervisor
- Disability leave: Best intentions may backfire