A former Lovejoy High School girls basketball coach has filed a lawsuit against the Lovejoy Independent School District alleging that administrators discriminated against her on the basis of her age, race and gender.
Kelly Connor, who is black, claims she was subjected to “off-color remarks and ridicule,” and that school district staffers encouraged her to favor white players over black team members. When she objected, Connor claims she was threatened with termination.
Connor formally complained to the EEOC. However, she claims that in retaliation, she was reassigned to a teaching position that paid less than she had been earning.
Connor received low ratings onduring the year she worked as a coach. Nevertheless, she took her team to the Class AAA State Finals.
- Bully boss? At least make sure he's equally disagreeable to all kinds of subordinates
- Even if jobs seem quite similar, feel free to use different hiring criteria
- Cash-balance pension plans don't violate ERISA rules
- You aren't required to launch a perfect investigation
- Supervisors who say 'What happens here, stays here' invite retaliation claims