Because HR professionals work on a computer much of the day, Outlook is the workhorse that typically keeps their wheels moving. But what if you could add some power to those wheels?
PC World recently published a list of downloads that can help “power up” your Outlook. Here are a few—for yourself or all your employees—to help integrate social networking, control spam, slow the email overload, track and sync email, zip attachments, alert you to incoming email and forward URLs:
1. www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=7985, allows you to synchronize the latest updates on Facebook and LinkedIn right in Outlook. Free.Social Connector,
2. Xobni, www.xobni.com, also integrates Facebook and LinkedIn updates, plus it includes Twitter. You view tweets only when you’re in contact with that person in Outlook. Free.
3. Twinbox, www.techhit.com/TwInbox, integrates Twitter into Outlook and manages multiple accounts. Free.
4. Spamfighter Pro, www.spamfighter.com, moves that junk mail to a spam folder before it ever reaches your inbox. Cost: $29.
5. Mailwasher Free, www.mailwasher.net, also checks for spam and kills it. Free.
6. Xiant Filer, www.xiant.com, analyzes how you file email and then recommends the folders where you should store your messages. Instantly send email to a folder with a single click. Cost: $20; 30-day free trial.
7. Single Click Filing, www.singleclickfiling.com, makes filing as easy as pressing the backspace key. You put shortcuts to Outlook folders in a toolbar across the top of Outlook. Cost: $10.
8. Zendio, www.zendio.com, automatically notifies you when your email has been read and whether people click the links you send in email. Cost: $10 per month; 30-day free trial.
9. Companion Link, www.companionlink.com, syncs contacts, calendars, with Gmail or Google Calendar. Cost: $50; 14-day free trial.
10. Email This, www.emailthis.clickability.com, allows you to share website links. Free.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/29453/give-your-outlook-a-boost-using-smart-add-on-tools "