An employee who was injured by a blood pressure cuff during a pre-employment physical will receive total disability benefits from Virginia-based General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board has ruled.
The injuries to his upper arm were covered under workers’ compensation because the man had accepted a job offer from General Dynamics before undergoing the physical exam, and the exam was related to his employment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Want to discard old applications? Tell applicants up front
- How could pre-employment test be discriminatory?
- A gentle rejection letter is fine, but document why you chose someone else
- Minnesota DHS modernizes its background-check procedures