An employee who was injured by a blood pressure cuff during a pre-employment physical will receive total disability benefits from Virginia-based General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board has ruled.
The injuries to his upper arm were covered under workers’ compensation because the man had accepted a job offer from General Dynamics before undergoing the physical exam, and the exam was related to his employment.
- Does the FCRA cover private eyes looking into workers' comp fraud?
- Chicago contractor settles bias charge for $700,000
- Background Check Guidelines: How to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and avoid lawsuits
- Minnesota 'bans the box,' limiting background checks
- Scrap referrals in favor of 'talent scouts'