An employee who was injured by a blood pressure cuff during a pre-employment physical will receive total disability benefits from Virginia-based General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board has ruled.
The injuries to his upper arm were covered under workers’ compensation because the man had accepted a job offer from General Dynamics before undergoing the physical exam, and the exam was related to his employment.
- What documentation do we need to hire minors as seasonal employees?
- New immigration worry: 'Mob' charges for hiring illegals
- School system tends to new teachers' personal needs
- Deciding not to hire, note specific reasons why
- Don't assume casual laborers are contractors—and don't neglect workers' comp insurance