An employee who was injured by a blood pressure cuff during a pre-employment physical will receive total disability benefits from Virginia-based General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board has ruled.
The injuries to his upper arm were covered under workers’ compensation because the man had accepted a job offer from General Dynamics before undergoing the physical exam, and the exam was related to his employment.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- State pays $300,000 to the photographer Paterson fired
- Probation protects in case of bad background checks
- There's just no guessing about cross-dressing: Focus hiring on qualifications, not appearance
- Court gives employees more power in age-Bias cases