An employee who was injured by a blood pressure cuff during a pre-employment physical will receive total disability benefits from Virginia-based General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board has ruled.
The injuries to his upper arm were covered under workers’ compensation because the man had accepted a job offer from General Dynamics before undergoing the physical exam, and the exam was related to his employment.
- Top 7 reasons why the wrong people get hired
- Apply now for a 'dot-jobs' recruiting Web address
- Keep health costs out of the equation when considering hiring and firing
- Can you refuse to hire candidates who are currently unemployed?
- Your dollars at risk: 6 ways to protect yourself from personal liability