Child support. Beginning Sept. 1, 2011, employers with at least 50 employees (was 250) must electronically remit withheld child-support payments. Employers with fewer than 50 employees may remit electronically.
Employers that have received medical-support notices have 40 days (was 30 days) to notify the sender that the child has been enrolled in the group health care plan, is already enrolled in the plan or can’t be enrolled in the group plan. (H.B. 1674, L. 2011)
Unclaimed wages. Beginning Jan. 1, 2013, reports of unclaimed wages must be filed annually by July 1 to report wages presumed abandoned the preceding March 1.
- Send the groundhog packing! Avoid repeating EFW2 mistakes
- New employee, old debt: Is pay-back of previous Section 127 benefits taxable?
- Public sector employees entitled to paid time off to donate blood
- Under PTO policy, must we pay out unused leave upon employee's termination?
- Can we require employees to use direct deposit?