Income tax withholding. Beginning July 1, 2011, employers that file on a semiweekly basis must file all returns and make payments electronically.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2012, employers that file at least 50 W-2s must e-file using Web Upload or iFile. Employers filing fewer than 50 W-2s may e-file.
Work authorization. Beginning Dec. 1, 2013, employers that employed an average of 50 employees for the previous year, and that enter into contracts with the state worth more than $50,000, must use E-Verify for each new hire who works on the contract or provides services under the contract. Employers that fail to use E-Verify will be barred from state contracts for up to one year. (Ch. 583, L. 2011)
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Mandatory sick leave legislation introduced; HR groups fire back
- Crashing through the snow in a two-ton SUV: The payroll headaches caused by winter weather
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Do you really need to offer that employee benefit?
- Post-DOMA: Cafeteria plans given leeway for same-sex spouses