When an employee complains about perceived discrimination, how you treat the worker can greatly affect the outcome if the case reaches court. The best approach: Handle the case professionally, at the HR function level.
- Having dispute in 'Grievance' does not stop lawsuit deadline
- Detail discipline so you can later explain why punishment was appropriate and fair
- New bill would ban job bias based on unemployment status
- If angry employee announces, 'I quit!' tell him you accept his resignation
- Are you ready to explain each and every promotion decision?