When an employee complains about perceived discrimination, how you treat the worker can greatly affect the outcome if the case reaches court. The best approach: Handle the case professionally, at the HR function level.
- Paying women less, hoping for the best is recipe for Equal Pay Act disaster
- Midland oil company, Hispanic workers settle harassment suit
- Beware personal liability for COBRA, FMLA, state bias law
- 3rd Circuit Vacates Ruling on 'Ministerial Exception'
- Personnel files: Organize your paper trail to minimize legal risks