A North Carolina restaurant is facing a U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission lawsuit after it disciplined and fired a 79-year-old employee. The suit, claiming age bias, says a manager referred to the employee as an “old woman” who needed to retire.
Note: Workers age 40 or older are a protected class.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Are arbitration agreements right for your organization?
- Changes to Ohio's pregnancy discrimination rules now in question
- Planned Parenthood defends race discrimination case
- Can we do anything about an employee who files false harassment claims?