A North Carolina restaurant is facing a U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission lawsuit after it disciplined and fired a 79-year-old employee. The suit, claiming age bias, says a manager referred to the employee as an “old woman” who needed to retire.
Note: Workers age 40 or older are a protected class.
- Feel free to let the punishment fit the 'crime' when disciplining for off-duty conduct
- Beware firing for 'spreading rumors' about bias
- NYC settles sexual harassment lawsuit for $225,000
- Can we use personal e-mails we discovered to defend against former employee's lawsuit?
- Build a legal wall against the flood of retaliation lawsuits