How important is the Internet to younger workers’ lives? Very.
Eye-opening findings from a recent study of college students and young professionals:
- One in three considers the Internet to be as important as air, water, food and shelter.
- More than half could not live without the Internet and cite it as an “integral part” of their lives.
- One in three would prioritize social media freedom, device flexibility and work mobility over salary in accepting a job offer.
- Seven of 10 employees have “friended” their managers and co-workers on Facebook.
- Two of five students have not bought a physical book (except textbooks) in two years.
- Most respondents have a Facebook account and check it at least once a day.
- Half would rather lose their wallet or purse than their smartphone or mobile device.
Source: Cisco Connected World Technology Report.