If you’ve ever been hung up on or interrupted, you’ve been the victim of a loss of civility in the workplace.
Bring back courtesy and build a kinder workplace with tips from Tom Terez of WorkplaceNow.com:
- Seek advice more than you give it.
- Skip the “how-ya-doin?” and ask a question that shows genuine interest.
- Go out of your way to say thank you. Even if thanks is long overdue, make an effort to contact everyone deserving of one.
- Let rumors go in one ear and out the other.
- Keep in mind the most redeeming quality of the person who drives you crazy.
- Resist the urge to jump to conclusions. Go to the source.
- Try to go a whole day without making judgments about people.
- When you realize you were wrong about something, say so.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/29092/8-ways-to-restore-civility-at-work "