If you’ve ever been hung up on or interrupted, you’ve been the victim of a loss of civility in the workplace.
Bring back courtesy and build a kinder workplace with tips from Tom Terez of WorkplaceNow.com:
- Seek advice more than you give it.
- Skip the “how-ya-doin?” and ask a question that shows genuine interest.
- Go out of your way to say thank you. Even if thanks is long overdue, make an effort to contact everyone deserving of one.
- Let rumors go in one ear and out the other.
- Keep in mind the most redeeming quality of the person who drives you crazy.
- Resist the urge to jump to conclusions. Go to the source.
- Try to go a whole day without making judgments about people.
- When you realize you were wrong about something, say so.