New Jersey-based Nassau Trust (NEBT) had some great health insurance products. Insurance agency Allstaffing, Inc., marketed NEBT’s products extensively to Pennsylvania employers and built quite a business. There was just one problem: NEBT wasn’t licensed in either state, and the company is bankrupt.
The New Jersey Insurance Department has corrected this oversight by persuading Gerber Life Insurance to pay nearly $1 million in outstanding claims on the policies.
- A good deed punished: Voluntary FMLA leave can become a mandate
- Should you pay employees to change unhealthy behaviors?
- Under Texas law, do fired employees have a legal right to see their personnel files?
- New health insurance rules for employees' dependent children attending college
- Absent-minded employees: 4 steps to get absenteeism under control