New Jersey-based Nassau Trust (NEBT) had some great health insurance products. Insurance agency Allstaffing, Inc., marketed NEBT’s products extensively to Pennsylvania employers and built quite a business. There was just one problem: NEBT wasn’t licensed in either state, and the company is bankrupt.
The New Jersey Insurance Department has corrected this oversight by persuading Gerber Life Insurance to pay nearly $1 million in outstanding claims on the policies.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Personnel files: Organize your paper trail to minimize legal risks
- How to develop an employee handbook that avoids liability
- Strategies for sidestepping the higher rate for PSCs
- Leave contracts to the experts: Have attorney draft documents detailing benefits