New Jersey-based Nassau Trust (NEBT) had some great health insurance products. Insurance agency Allstaffing, Inc., marketed NEBT’s products extensively to Pennsylvania employers and built quite a business. There was just one problem: NEBT wasn’t licensed in either state, and the company is bankrupt.
The New Jersey Insurance Department has corrected this oversight by persuading Gerber Life Insurance to pay nearly $1 million in outstanding claims on the policies.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Real-world cost of health insurance: $270 per month
- Tap into the power of e-mail to change employees' health habits
- Employees fired for missing work should expect to miss unemployment comp, too
- HR legislation in Congress: What's hot, what's not?