New Jersey-based Nassau Trust (NEBT) had some great health insurance products. Insurance agency Allstaffing, Inc., marketed NEBT’s products extensively to Pennsylvania employers and built quite a business. There was just one problem: NEBT wasn’t licensed in either state, and the company is bankrupt.
The New Jersey Insurance Department has corrected this oversight by persuading Gerber Life Insurance to pay nearly $1 million in outstanding claims on the policies.
- 10 tips to ease the pain when tightening the benefits belt
- Do we need an attorney to represent us during unemployment comp hearings?
- Street Smarts: Your peers weigh in with 5 real-world comp & benefits solutions
- Is your broker lazy? 5 questions to weed out slackers
- Penn State to require worker weigh-ins, med screenings