A Texas employee of TIAA-CREF is suing the retirement fund giant after she was fired for allegedly sharing her computer password with a co-worker. In June 2011, Susan M. Ogle, who is 63 years old, resigned to avoid being fired for the offense.
The lawsuit she filed in October contends that many younger TIAA-CREF employees have shared their computer passwords without being fired. Her suit alleges violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Texas Labor Code.
- When worried about religious accommodation, keep lines of communication open
- Employees lose claim they were targeted for discomfort due to age
- Disabled worker can't perform? OK to terminate
- Choose words carefully when challenging unemployment
- Get expert advice when accommodating an employee's learning disability