A Texas employee of TIAA-CREF is suing the retirement fund giant after she was fired for allegedly sharing her computer password with a co-worker. In June 2011, Susan M. Ogle, who is 63 years old, resigned to avoid being fired for the offense.
The lawsuit she filed in October contends that many younger TIAA-CREF employees have shared their computer passwords without being fired. Her suit alleges violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Texas Labor Code.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- WellPoint's Colby a cad, say dozens of women
- Handle serial complainer with the same professional skill you use with everyone else
- When religious freedom & harassment collide
- Disabled employee sues under NYHRL? HR managers may be held personally liable