A Texas employee of TIAA-CREF is suing the retirement fund giant after she was fired for allegedly sharing her computer password with a co-worker. In June 2011, Susan M. Ogle, who is 63 years old, resigned to avoid being fired for the offense.
The lawsuit she filed in October contends that many younger TIAA-CREF employees have shared their computer passwords without being fired. Her suit alleges violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Texas Labor Code.
- Brownsville answers ADA suit in case of fired police officer
- Barneys pays to settle racial profiling charges
- Feel free to discipline--or fire--disabled worker who disrupts and threatens co-workers
- Drug testing: Minimize lawsuit risk with smart policy
- Coddle repeat harasser at your own risk--you could be courting huge penalties