Q. Can I ask employees who are already with the company to execute noncompete agreements?
A. In Pennsylvania, you would need to give something extra to an existing employee to support a noncompete. This “consideration” has to be something to which the employee is not already entitled. Consideration can include a cash payment, a bonus, a promise of severance or a term of employment, among other things.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Obesity: the next disability? Large cook sues McDonald's for bias
- 'Opportunity to Work' legislation proposed
- If you discover wrongdoing after the fact, you can use it in court to justify termination
- You can require reservists to arbitrate USERRA claims