Q. Can I ask employees who are already with the company to execute noncompete agreements?
A. In Pennsylvania, you would need to give something extra to an existing employee to support a noncompete. This “consideration” has to be something to which the employee is not already entitled. Consideration can include a cash payment, a bonus, a promise of severance or a term of employment, among other things.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'Association' with disabled no automatic assurance of leave
- HR: Carefully review firing plans; courts will frown on 'rubber stamp'
- Judge slams brakes on new 'No-Match' enforcement rules
- Management 101: Five legal lessons your supervisors must learn