Q. Can I ask employees who are already with the company to execute noncompete agreements?
A. In Pennsylvania, you would need to give something extra to an existing employee to support a noncompete. This “consideration” has to be something to which the employee is not already entitled. Consideration can include a cash payment, a bonus, a promise of severance or a term of employment, among other things.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can the 'Paperless office' work in an HR environment?
- State Supreme Court reaffirms: At-will employment is the Texas standard
- Don't drop your guard just because Illinois court dismisses whistle-blower case
- Disability discrimination law in Ohio a mess that needs cleaning up