Q. Can I ask employees who are already with the company to execute noncompete agreements?
A. In Pennsylvania, you would need to give something extra to an existing employee to support a noncompete. This “consideration” has to be something to which the employee is not already entitled. Consideration can include a cash payment, a bonus, a promise of severance or a term of employment, among other things.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Is it legal to exclude out-of-state employees from our annual outing?
- Don't let employees bully you into dictating their employment terms
- Severance agreements: Beware new legal risks
- Bullying prevention training to become mandatory in California