Q. Can I ask employees who are already with the company to execute noncompete agreements?
A. In Pennsylvania, you would need to give something extra to an existing employee to support a noncompete. This “consideration” has to be something to which the employee is not already entitled. Consideration can include a cash payment, a bonus, a promise of severance or a term of employment, among other things.
- When former employees poach more of your all-stars, fight back in court
- NLRB shakes up joint-employer landscape
- Remind employees: As Coke verdict shows, stealing secrets can earn jail time
- Think twice before piling on worker who's suing
- Trying to avoid romantic trouble? Make sure transfer doesn't look like punishment