Q. Can I ask employees who are already with the company to execute noncompete agreements?
A. In Pennsylvania, you would need to give something extra to an existing employee to support a noncompete. This “consideration” has to be something to which the employee is not already entitled. Consideration can include a cash payment, a bonus, a promise of severance or a term of employment, among other things.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Democrats lose Senate supermajority: Where do unions go from here?
- Tell managers: No paternalistic protection allowed
- St. Pete man claims he was fired for sex harassment complaints
- Ask attorney for help in structuring joint ventures to limit employer liability