Q. Can I ask employees who are already with the company to execute noncompete agreements?
A. In Pennsylvania, you would need to give something extra to an existing employee to support a noncompete. This “consideration” has to be something to which the employee is not already entitled. Consideration can include a cash payment, a bonus, a promise of severance or a term of employment, among other things.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can individual employees be liable for FMLA violations? 4th Circuit may decide
- NLRB pushes back pro-union poster requirement to April 30
- Know ADAAA rules on accommodations for disabilities that can be medically controlled
- Stimulus law adds COBRA subsidy, tax changes