A 55-year-old estimator who was laid off after 34 years with Lucent Technologies, based in Murray Hill, won a significant settlement in a textbook age-discrimination case.
The estimator had a long history of good reviews, including one just before he was let go in which his work was rated as “outstanding.” Younger workers with lower ratings were kept on.
Age-discrimination suits are hot. Make sure managers don't factor age into employment decisions.
- Adapt work schedules to worship, religious TV shows included
- Greensboro pastors side with suspended police captain
- Phillies vs. Mets: At least this time, home fan disappointed
- Restaurant makes good after religious discrimination slip-up
- Firing employee who complained of harassment? Don't let alleged harasser play any role