This was not the year to get sloppy with your I-9 forms. The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issued a record 2,393 audit notices to inspect employers’ I-9s this year, a more than 375% increase from employers audited in 2008.
Also, ICE last year arrested and criminally prosecuted 196 owners, execs and HR managers for alleged work site immigration violations, surpassing the previous high of 135 in 2008.
Read about the increased enforcement at www.theHRSpecialist.com/ICE.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- State slapped down on misclassification: Employers don't have to defend themselves twice
- Learn how to handle employees with 'intellectual disabilities'
- If employee's PTO is gone, can we dock his pay?
- Ensure your FMLA practices comply with new GINA regulations