Every year around this time, the Ghost of Christmas Parties Past comes clanking down the hallway, dragging in its wake a chain of dread for employers and employees alike—drunken exploits, gag gifts gone wrong, ill-advised sexual overtures and the ever-present threat of bad dancing.
For advice on hosting a fun—yet legally safe—party this year, read Holiday Parties: 12 Tips For Making Sure Liability Doesn’t Hang Over Your Head, at www.theHRSpecialist.com/holidayparty.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- The heat is on! As temperatures rise, OSHA offers safety advice, resources
- Workplace confidentiality: Persuade staff to 'think' privacy
- Arizona design firm sponsors contest to find next new hire
- Slurs, 'code' can create hostile environment