Every year around this time, the Ghost of Christmas Parties Past comes clanking down the hallway, dragging in its wake a chain of dread for employers and employees alike—drunken exploits, gag gifts gone wrong, ill-advised sexual overtures and the ever-present threat of bad dancing.
For advice on hosting a fun—yet legally safe—party this year, read Holiday Parties: 12 Tips For Making Sure Liability Doesn’t Hang Over Your Head, at www.theHRSpecialist.com/holidayparty.
- Insist all harassment allegations go to HR for review
- Are you prepared to follow the new FMLA regulations?
- Track intermittent leave meticulously when you offset FMLA time with paid leave
- Can 'Kiddie Wellness' Programs Cut Your Organization's Health Costs?
- University officials alone give themselves an A+