1. A Manpower survey asked employers if complying with employment laws was getting easier, harder or the same. Only 19% said the same. What were the other results?
a. 26% said easier, 55% said harder
b. 14% said easier, 67% said harder
c. 2% said easier, 79% said harder
2. The rate of injuries and illnesses in the workplace declined again last year. Which employees have the higher rates of injuries and illnesses on the job?
a. Employees in public-sector jobs
b. Employees in private-sector jobs
c. No difference
3. What new aggressive tactic is the EEOC using to shore up lawsuits against employers?
a. Hiring private local attorneys to help with their EEOC staff
b. Running local ads informing applicants that they might qualify as plaintiffs
c. Asking the IRS to audit any employers that fail to cooperate
4. Currently, 19% of employers use financial penalties to encourage participation in wellness activities. What percentage of employers say they plan to use such penalties in 2012?
a. 14% b. 20% c. 38%
5. What were the average annual premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance in 2011?
a. Individual: $5,429
b. Individual: $4,633
c. Individual: $6,144
Sources: 1. Manpower survey; 2. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; 3. The HR Specialist’s New York Employment Law; 4. Towers Watson survey; 5. Kaiser Family Foundation report.
Answers: 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. a
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/28906/the-hr-iq-test-december-11 "