Because Pennsylvania takes jury duty seriously, the legislature passed a law prohibiting most employers from retaliating against or punishing employees who become jurors. The law doesn’t require employers to compensate employees for jury duty, but it clearly states that employers can’t interfere with employees’ fulfillment of their civic duty ...
- Look at duties—Not job title—When determining FLSA status
- Penn State case: Would you have called police?
- During lawsuit, don't inquire about worker's immigration status
- A costly mistake: Demoting employee after workers' comp claim
- Consider ADA, discrimination, validity issues when using personality tests