The action figures adorning the desks of employees at Arlington, Va.-based Decision Lens aren’t of ordinary superheroes. They’re of the employees themselves.
That’s one of the rewards the 30 employees of this decision-making software company can earn for their hard work. They’ve also been on company-paid trips involving driving race cars touring the Hubble Space Telescope’s operation center.
Once, the firm sprang for running shoes for everyone—a treat employees had to repay by walking or running regularly over the following six months.
CEO John Saaty estimates he spends about $1,500 per employee each year on creative rewards. One result last year: no voluntary turnover.
Contact: Alex Zavistovich of Decision Lens, (301) 292-7538.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 'You Won't Work Sundays?!' EEOC Offers Guidance on Religious Accommodations
- Benefits for terminally ill worker: How can we help?
- Loose lips lead to lawsuits: Consult lawyer before releasing personal info
- What will you decide: keep or drop employee health benefits?