The action figures adorning the desks of employees at Arlington, Va.-based Decision Lens aren’t of ordinary superheroes. They’re of the employees themselves.
That’s one of the rewards the 30 employees of this decision-making software company can earn for their hard work. They’ve also been on company-paid trips involving driving race cars touring the Hubble Space Telescope’s operation center.
Once, the firm sprang for running shoes for everyone—a treat employees had to repay by walking or running regularly over the following six months.
CEO John Saaty estimates he spends about $1,500 per employee each year on creative rewards. One result last year: no voluntary turnover.
Contact: Alex Zavistovich of Decision Lens, (301) 292-7538.
- Employees injured during horseplay at work may be entitled to workers' comp benefits
- U.S. Supreme Court gives green light to 401(k) lawsuit
- Transfer that call! Let benefits admin field pension queries
- ACA: Employers, nondiscrimination rules and the Cadillac tax
- Tough times = stressed-out staff: 10 tips to ease their pain