Bay County Property Appraiser Rick Barnett resigned after settling sexual harassment complaints with two female employees.
One employee claimed Barnett gave her a handwritten letter detailing explicit sexual acts he would like to perform with her. She returned the letter and they shredded the document together.
But not before the woman made a copy, which was later leaked to the press. The women will receive $160,000, the bulk coming from the Florida Association of Counties Trust, with the remainder paid by Barnett and the appraiser’s office.
- Remind supervisors: Absolutely no comments about employee's pending EEOC complaint
- Isolated racist comments won't always be discrimination
- Warn managers never to disclose medical info about former workers
- Petro services firm settles reverse discrimination lawsuit
- Make sure you can track when downsizing decision was made