Bay County Property Appraiser Rick Barnett resigned after settling sexual harassment complaints with two female employees.
One employee claimed Barnett gave her a handwritten letter detailing explicit sexual acts he would like to perform with her. She returned the letter and they shredded the document together.
But not before the woman made a copy, which was later leaked to the press. The women will receive $160,000, the bulk coming from the Florida Association of Counties Trust, with the remainder paid by Barnett and the appraiser’s office.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Manager files complaint on behalf of subordinates? That's protected activity
- Absentee Problem? Here's how to clarify your leave policy
- Facing RIF, employees must show initiative
- Whistle-Blower or news source? Either way, she's out of a job