Bay County Property Appraiser Rick Barnett resigned after settling sexual harassment complaints with two female employees.
One employee claimed Barnett gave her a handwritten letter detailing explicit sexual acts he would like to perform with her. She returned the letter and they shredded the document together.
But not before the woman made a copy, which was later leaked to the press. The women will receive $160,000, the bulk coming from the Florida Association of Counties Trust, with the remainder paid by Barnett and the appraiser’s office.
- East Texas college president's secretary sues for age bias
- Simplify employee reviews: 6 tips for creating performance logs
- Quick settlements encourage more suits; sometimes you have to trust a jury
- Michigan's Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act
- Police called in response to workplace harassment? You must still act to stop future incidents