In June, July and August of this year, more than 1,000 new online job ads for HR openings included requirements that the candidate holds social media skills. That represents a 160% increase in such requests over the same period in 2010, according to a report by WANTED Analytics.
The study said employers are mostly looking for HR candidates to use social media channels to direct web traffic to career sites and attract passive candidates.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Limit hostile environment liability by getting to the bottom of every harassment complaint
- Immigration reform bill stalls, but president vows to revive it
- Add HIV/AIDS education and counseling to EAP offerings
- Counter bias claims: Show how your rational promotion process selects best candidates