In June, July and August of this year, more than 1,000 new online job ads for HR openings included requirements that the candidate holds social media skills. That represents a 160% increase in such requests over the same period in 2010, according to a report by WANTED Analytics.
The study said employers are mostly looking for HR candidates to use social media channels to direct web traffic to career sites and attract passive candidates.
- The pendulum swings back: More courts hesitate to interfere with minor job changes
- Tell bosses: Never urge workers to retire
- Gospel truth: You must accommodate employees' religious needs
- Confidentiality provision may violate federal labor law
- Keep detailed, contemporaneous records to show you are vigilant and consistent about discipline