1. According to a new LinkedIn survey, what’s the No. 1 pet peeve among U.S. office workers?
a. Meetings that start or run late
b. Irritating or loud cellphone ringtones
c. People who steal food from the office fridge
2. During the Bush administration, the average employer fine for hiring undocumented workers was $16,666. How have average fines changed in the Obama years?
a. Up by 30% to $21,851
b. Down 20% to $13,332
c. Stayed the same
3. The top three occupations with the highest fatality rates are, in order:
a. Police officers, miners, roofers
b. Fishing workers, loggers, aircraft pilots
c. Truck drivers, farmers, garbage collectors
4. While a majority of U.S. employees receive pay by direct deposit, what percentage continues to receive paper checks?
5. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security recently expanded into 16 more states a pilot program that would allow people to:
a. Apply for a “universal” I-9 form they could carry to any new job
b. Print and complete their own I-9 forms at home
c. Check their own work eligibility using the E-Verify system
Sources: 1. LinkedIn survey; 2. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE); 3. Bureau of Labor Statistics; 4. NACHA; 5. USCIS.gov
Answers: 1. c 2. a 3. b 4. b 5. c
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/28498/the-hr-iq-test-november-11 "
- Are we on the hook for seasonal employees' unemployment compensation claims?
- What should I do? My boss wants to make a change that goes against existing policy
- @Twitterers: Watch what you tweet! @Videographers: Grow up!
- Inject more oversight, responsibility into flex schedules
- Curing the Lawsuit Epidemic: Check your glass ceilings for $19 million cracks