TheSecurity Administration (EBSA) is suing Keith Davis, owner of Elmhurst-based A.B.D. Tank & Pump Co., claiming he drained his employees’ retirement fund of $1.9 million.
According to an EBSA investigation, Davis made illegal transfers from the company’s 401(k) plan to himself and the company between 2006 and 2010.
Note: Employers that act as trustees for their company’s 401(k) cannot treat the fund like a bank account, there to tap into every time cash flow dries up. Once a plan is established, it must conform to all requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act.
- Give workers advance notice when altering their pay formulas
- Workers' comp may cover injury that occurs on vacation
- Federal minimum wage takes another 70-Cent jump in July—Rising to $6.55
- When register drawers are short, may we demand repayment out of cashiers' pockets?
- Beware too much control over contractor! You could be liable for unemployment comp