An organization’s health results in part from its ability to renew itself faster than its competitors.
Researchers from McKinsey & Co. use a process called the “five A’s” to build a competitive advantage.
1. Aspiration: Where do we want to go?
2. Assessment: How do we benchmark and measure our readiness for change?
3. Architecture: What kind of framework should we have in place to get where we want to go?
4. Action: How will we manage our journey?
5. Advancement: What’s our plan to keep moving forward?
— Adapted from Beyond Performance: How Great Organizations Build Ultimate Competitive Advantage, Scott Keller and Colin Price, Wiley.