by Carmine Gallo
Giving truly great presentations requires skill, work and practice. Giving catastrophic presentations is far easier. So if you want to take the easy way out and look like a rank amateur, here are 15 surefire tips to guarantee that you leave a really, really bad impression.
1. Misspell words. Failing to check the spelling on your slides shows a complete lack of care. It’s the easiest way to look unprofessional.
2. Create distracting color combinations. Blue on green is hard to read.
3. Use inconsistent fonts. Professional PowerPoint designers will use no more than two, perhaps three, font styles in an entire presentation. But why stop there?
4. Use a really small font size. If you want to drive people crazy, say: “I know you can’t read this, but if you could, here is what it would say ….”
5. Insert improperly sized photos that are stretched to fit the slide. Images used in PowerPoint slides should be at least...(register to read more)