The Florida Legislature is set to debate a proposed Domestic Partnership Act that would grant domestic partners the same rights married couples enjoy.
The legislation is sponsored in the state House of Representatives by Rep. Mark Pafford and in the Senate by Sen. Eleanor Sobel.
This may be a case where politics is following the trend and not leading it.
Many Florida municipalities and thousands of private companies already provide equal access to benefits for same-sex domestic partners. Pafford asserted in a press release that “60% of Fortune 500 companies and a majority of Florida universities” already offer some domestic-partner benefits.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Unpaid intern not eligible for workers' compensation benefits
- Help employees 'give back' during crisis and all year-round
- At what point does retired worker become ineligible for PTD workers' comp?
- Remodeling crews celebrate success, earn rewards