Execs at Diageo North America encourage their employees to live near work as part of its effort to help workers balance their jobs with their home lives.
The company, which makes and distributes such beverage brands as Tanqueray and Guinness, also allows employees to job share, flex or compress their hours and telework. And the company offers employees a concierge service, backup day care and college placement assistance.
Some of the company’s locations offer on-site amenities like health clubs, laundry and dry cleaning services and banking services.
Contact: Joshua Friesen, Diageo North America, (203) 229-2100.
- Can we force forfeiture of vacation days?
- Commuting injury not covered by workers' compensation unless the route is hazardous
- Advantage for tough times: Creating a company that cares
- Take 10: How to handle the California Labor Code mandate to provide midshift breaks
- 'Fissured workplace' is focus of DOL misclassification initiative