Variable pay is where workers will get bigger bucks, according to an Aon Corp. survey of 1,500 companies.
While employers are budgeting 2.9% more for base pay in 2012, 92% plan to distribute performance-based bonuses. Variable pay will account for 11.5% of employer compensation budgets.
According to a September online poll, 72% of HR Specialist readers offer some kind of variable pay.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When workers must wear special gear, beware lawsuit if you don't pay for 'donning & doffing'
- Limiting same-sex perks, DOMA 'unconstitutional'
- Workers' Comp Reform? It's 'Wait Till Next Year' Again
- Employment issues to watch in Washington this year