Variable pay is where workers will get bigger bucks, according to an Aon Corp. survey of 1,500 companies.
While employers are budgeting 2.9% more for base pay in 2012, 92% plan to distribute performance-based bonuses. Variable pay will account for 11.5% of employer compensation budgets.
According to a September online poll, 72% of HR Specialist readers offer some kind of variable pay.
- Paycheck problems: Know limits on deductions, promptness of pay
- Beware too much control over contractor! You could be liable for unemployment comp
- Federal minimum wage takes another 70-Cent jump in July—Rising to $6.55
- Sports apparel firm pushes fitness, team spirit
- Retail chain will pay $255,000 for racial harassment