Variable pay is where workers will get bigger bucks, according to an Aon Corp. survey of 1,500 companies.
While employers are budgeting 2.9% more for base pay in 2012, 92% plan to distribute performance-based bonuses. Variable pay will account for 11.5% of employer compensation budgets.
According to a September online poll, 72% of HR Specialist readers offer some kind of variable pay.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Health premiums up 4% this year; forecast to rise 7% in 2013
- Duty differences, experience enough to defeat equal pay claim
- Kraft improves worker health with new integrated strategy
- Business interests pan DOL rule doubling overtime salary threshold