Uncle Sam offers amnesty through the IRS’ new Voluntary Classification Settlement Program. It’s designed to encourage employers to voluntarily reclassify workers as employees if they aren’t legitimate independent contractors.
Your incentive to come clean: none of the usual misclassification fines and penalties. You’ll just have to pay 10% of the employment tax that would have been due on worker pay during the preceding year.
Learn more—and find out if your organization qualifies—at www.theHRSpecialist.com/VCSP.
- Encouraging diversity: Lessons from Supreme Court's affirmative-action rulings
- Conducting workplace investigations: A step-by-step guide
- Former employees can sue for retaliation, too
- New for New York employers: union posters, NYC religious accommodation
- No one wins in unprofitable victory for Saginaw police officer