Uncle Sam offers amnesty through the IRS’ new Voluntary Classification Settlement Program. It’s designed to encourage employers to voluntarily reclassify workers as employees if they aren’t legitimate independent contractors.
Your incentive to come clean: none of the usual misclassification fines and penalties. You’ll just have to pay 10% of the employment tax that would have been due on worker pay during the preceding year.
Learn more—and find out if your organization qualifies—at www.theHRSpecialist.com/VCSP.
- 6th Circuit's surprise call: Pregnancy 'impairments' are disabilities
- Before firing, make sure employee hasn't made any recent safety complaints
- Can I terminate a cashier who just filed for bankruptcy?
- New Labor board rule: Pro-union posters up by November
- Supreme Court to decide key employment law cases this term