Uncle Sam offers amnesty through the IRS’ new Voluntary Classification Settlement Program. It’s designed to encourage employers to voluntarily reclassify workers as employees if they aren’t legitimate independent contractors.
Your incentive to come clean: none of the usual misclassification fines and penalties. You’ll just have to pay 10% of the employment tax that would have been due on worker pay during the preceding year.
Learn more—and find out if your organization qualifies—at www.theHRSpecialist.com/VCSP.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No vote required: Government workers can organize with cards
- Do the math before taking action <br/> against employee on FMLA leave
- How should we handle tip calculations that factor out credit card fees?
- What's an ADA disability?.... And nine more questions you'd better be able to answer