During these difficult economic times, small and midsize businesses are looking for ways to reduce their employment costs—while maintainingand gaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Many employers are looking at alternative staffing models to meet those objectives.
There are several kinds of alternative staffing models to consider.
These providers generally just payand taxes under your tax identification number. They do not provide any benefits or HR services. Their primary advantage is that they may allow you to reduce or eliminate your internal and tax staff.
Temporary workforce services
These services provide employees for either short- or long-term assignments at your workplace. The workers are employees of the temporary-service provider, which pays their wages, taxes and benefits. Many of these firms will allow you to hire temporary workers witho...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employment laws: Which ones, who's covered
- Good-Faith Process—But Not Absolutely Correct Conclusion—Is Enough to Fire Harasser
- Employee quitting for medical reasons? Consider offering accommodation
- Make 2011 the year of comp & benefits strategy