The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled that employees who fail to follow safety instructions abandon their jobs in doing so and are not covered by workers’ compensation. While this may save employers some workers’ comp dollars in the short-term, it complicates the future of workers’ comp as the exclusive remedy for injured workers ...
- No jury trials for disability retaliation—but you still must handle complaints properly
- Poor performance--properly documented--warrants termination
- Addiction isn't a license for unacceptable behavior.
- Bipolar worker making threats: Accommodate or terminate?
- California Supreme Court issues key class-Action ruling