A. Yes. A business may also claim a credit for making energy-saving improvements, although the rules are more complex than the rules for residential energy credits.
Generally, the business energy credit is equal to 10% of the cost, but it increases to 30% for certain property placed in service before 2017. To qualify for the credit, the energy property must be depreciable. Other special rules and limits may apply.
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Tame the paper: Creating a system for daily records management
- Contractor or employee? New IRS audits turn up heat on worker misclassification
- Work from home? Rent to the company and salvage a tax benefit
- Crackdown looms for misclassifying employees as contractors