The Family Outreach Center that’s provided to employees of Rosen Hotels does more than find day care slots and elder care resources for employees.
It hands out Thanksgiving turkeys and Christmas toys to staff who can’t afford them, plus college scholarships to their kids. It even lends money—at zero interest—to employees during emergencies, which have ranged anywhere from losing a second income to having trouble paying bills.
The center employs two bilingual staff members, one of whom is a social worker, to provide counseling and/or referrals. The center has about 175 open cases dealing with scholarships, child care subsidies and immigration issues, among others.
The 4,000-employee organization has a fund for the loans, while employees donate food, clothing and toys. Social worker Melissa Rivera says the services create a family atmosphere— and reduce turnover—at the company.
Contact: Melissa Rivera at (407) 578-2100.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Sample Policy: Progressive Discipline
- University of Alabama shooting: What could have been done to keep staff safe?
- Masonry firm misclassified workers as independent contractors
- Leave as a disability accommodation: Are your policies compliant?