When Chicago-based Staff wanted to recruit more than 1,000 seasonal workers over the busy December holidays, it lured them by offering a $100,000 cash prize to a lucky employee who had perfect attendance and had entered his or her name into a drawing.
The company also offered cash prizes to 99 other employees who had perfect attendance. Then it advertised the big giveaway, and the applications poured in.
After it filled all the positions—for client Amazon.com’s distribution centers—Staff Management offered additional games and prizes to the newcomers in an effort to keep the buzz going and improve retention.
It worked: The giveaways helped the company deliver productive—and punctual—employees to its client.
Contact: Nancy Harbutte, director of marketing for Staff Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Keeping the work environment safe
- Interviewing internal candidates: Ask, don't assume
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they already 'know' who's best for the job
- How many business partners are too many? Use 'elevator' rule