Happiness coaching is seeping into the workplace, The Wall Street Journal noted recently. It’s considered an antidote to the recession and its effect on the workplace.
Four books that tackle the topic of happiness:
1. In Mojo, Marshall Goldsmith emphasizes finding a positive spirit toward what we are doing now.
2. In The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin spends a year test-driving ideas about how to be happy, from Thoreau to Oprah Winfrey.
3. Happiness at Work, by Srikumar Rao, helps people stop jumping to conclusions and labeling everything that happens to them either a “bad thing” or a “good thing.”
4. On the flip side: Bright-sided, by Barbara Ehrenreich, blames “positive thinking” for enabling people to avoid a wide range of serious problems in the economy and the workplace.
- 14 Tips on Business Etiquette No matches